Frogger-style: crossing the street in a very dangerous way(以危險的方式過馬路)。例如:

You can’t always cross the street Frogger-style. You need to follow a red light.

你不能總是以這種危險的方式過馬路,你要看紅綠燈。

③ Whatever you just said went right over my head. 我聽不懂你剛才說的話。

over sb.’s head: a situation is too busy or difficult for sb. to handle(因太忙/難而令某人無法承受/理解)。例如:

What the speaker said about the Black Hole just went over my head.

發言者說的關於黑洞的解釋我搞不懂。

④ Sorry, I’ll try to dumb it down for you. 對不起,我隻是想跟你說得簡單點。

dumb down: make things easier for people to understand(化難為易,深入淺出)。例如:

This question is too difficult for first graders, so we need to dumb it down for them.

這個問題對一年級學生來說太複雜了,我們要把它變得簡單一點。

⑤ I meant that I’ll simplify it for you and lay it out in layman’s terms. 我意思是我會把事情簡單化,用通俗的表達告訴你。

lay sth. out: explain or present sth. completely(把某事全部講清楚明白)。例如:

The plan is a bit complicated. I’ll find time to lay it out for you tomorrow.

這個方案是有點複雜,我明天找時間跟你解釋清楚。

in layman’s terms: phrased simply, without jargon(用通俗的語言)。例如:

Doctor, can you explain the operation again in layman’s terms?

大夫,你能用通俗點的話把手術再解釋一次嗎?

⑥ Well, I’m certainly no saint, but it’s a dog eat dog world out here.好吧,我絕對不是聖人,這是一個無情的世界。

a dog eat dog world: a situation in which people are willing to harm others in order to succeed(無情的世界,激烈的競爭)。例如:

If you make a mistake, you are out. This is a dog eat dog world.

如果你犯了錯,那你就會出局,這裏太無情了。

⑦ I thought you were a standup guy, but I guess I married a monster. 我原以為你是一個正直的人,但是我想我嫁給了個怪人。

stand-up: sb. with integrity(正直的)。例如:

We don’t stab anyone in their backs. We are all stand-up men.

我們不會在背後害人的,我們都是正直的人。