Our paper hooked up with CCTV last year and we can probably work with them to help students in rural areas.

我們報紙去年與央視建立了聯係,可以跟他們聯手幫助農村的學生。

④ These days, a lot of people are looking for ways to give back. 近來,很多人在尋找各種方式來回報社會。

give back: repay(回報社會)。例如:

Setting up a charity foundation is one of Bill Gates’ ways of giving back.

創立慈善基金會是比爾·蓋茨回報社會的一種方式。

⑤ There you go again! 你又來了!

There you go again: used to express exasperation or dissatisfaction, same as “you did that again”(用以表示惱怒或不滿,等同於“you did that again”)。例如:

——Sis, you failed the driving test? I’ve already said you would.

姐,你沒有通過駕考?我早就說過你過不了。

——There you go again! Shut up!

你還說!閉嘴!

⑥ Even hard nuts like Anderson can have their soft spots. 嚴厲如安德森的人也有他們的軟肋。

a hard nut: sb. who is tough and not easily hurt(堅強的人,嚴厲的人)。例如:

Outsiders may view Mrs. Susie Stone as a hard nut, but she is a loving boss to us.

外人可能覺得蘇茜·斯通夫人很嚴厲,但對我們來說,她是一個很友善的上司。

have a soft spot: have a tender or sentimental feeling for sth./sb.(性格中易受打動之處)。例如:

Terry had a soft spot for Jenny, her youngest daughter.

泰莉的感情弱點是她最小的女兒簡妮。

⑦ When you work with kids whose background is different from yours, you can run into a lot of communication issues. 當你和一群生活背景跟自己完全不同的孩子一起互動,你會遇到很多溝通上的問題。

run into: unexpectedly begin to experience problems or difficulties(碰上難題)。例如:

The project has run into money problems.

項目遇上了資金問題。

⑧ After a week surrounded by elementary school students, putting up with co-workers is a piece of cake! 跟小學生在一起一周後,再難忍受的同事也是小菜一碟!

put up with: tolerate or accept sth., even though it is unpleasant or unsatisfactory(容忍,忍受)。例如:

It’s amazing that my mother has put up with my father’s snoring for three decades.

我媽已經忍了我爸的鼾聲三十年,太神奇了。

⑨ You bet! 當然!

You bet: used to emphasize a positive or affirmative reply(用以強調肯定的答複)。例如:

——You sure the party is on Sunday night?

你肯定派對是在星期天晚上嗎?

——You bet.

當然。