Bob: Alright, alright. I see your point. Man, you seem to have put a lot of thought into this.

Monica: I almost don’t want to tell you, but I’ve only really cared about it since this morning.

Bob: What? But you seem to know so much…

Monica: My mom kind of 7)filled me in on everything. I haven’t really stopped thinking about it since then. The more I think, the better “organic” starts to sound.

Bob: Yeah. ④I’ve only been thinking for five minutes and I already think it’s the bee’s knees.

Monica: Well then, organic it is.

Smart Sentences

① This stuff is such a rip off. 這些東西貴得離譜。

a rip off: a grossly overpriced article(定價過高的物品)。例如:

Things in this upscale store may be better quality, but they are simply rip offs.

這家高檔商店裏的東西可能質量會好些,但價格高得離譜。

② Oh don’t tell me you’ve fallen for all the hype. 不要告訴我你已經掉進廣告陷阱裏了。

fall for the hype: believe a popular fad without reservation or proof(上當,受騙,特指一些狂熱的風尚)。例如:

My sister falls for that weight-losing miracles hype again and again. She just never learns.

我姐一次又一次上了減肥奇跡的當,她從來都不吸取教訓。

③ But what about all that junk that the livestock is hopped up on? 但是所有這些垃圾給家畜吸食了又會怎樣?

be hopped up: takes a lot of drugs(大量服藥)。例如:

Don’t let your kids be hopped up on medication all the time. It’s bad for them.別老讓你的孩子吃藥,對他們不好。

④ I’ve only been thinking for five minutes and I already think it’s the bee’s knees. 我隻想了五分鍾,就已經覺得有機食品是個好東西了。

the bee’s knees: an old term that means “cool”(表示“cool”的老式表達)。例如:

—Granny, what do you think of the GPS in your car?

奶奶,你覺得車上的全球定位係統怎麼樣?

—Oh, I think it’s really the bee’s knees.

噢,我覺得這玩意兒太酷了。