第45章 圈套(2)(2 / 3)

ll put my sword through your body!”

艾倫說:“說吧,先生。我是一位紳士,不是個仆人,不能一直等著你。馬上答複我,要麼我就拿刀捅死你。”

“Give me a little time ,ma n !”Ebenezer cried,Hegot up quickly. He was trembling. What’s the matter?

Remember my gun.”

“你給我一點考慮的時間,老兄!”埃比尼澤大聲說。他立刻站了起來,全身直打哆嗦。“你要幹什麼?別忘了我手裏有槍。”

“Your gun is too s low for the bright s te e l of Alan ,”my friend replied.

“與我艾倫手裏這把明晃晃的寶刀相比,你的槍太慢了。”艾倫說。

“All right,ma n,”my uncle said.“Wha t do youwa nt?J us t te ll me ,a nd we ’ll a gre e .”

“好吧,老兄,你要什麼?盡管告訴我,咱們會談妥的。”

“In two words ,”Alan said,“sha ll we kill the la d,or ke e p him?”

“要你一句話,你是要他死還是要他活?”艾倫說。

“Oh,s ir ,”Ebenezer cried,“you mus tn ’t ta lk liketha t!”

“噢,先生,你不能這樣講話!”

埃比尼澤大聲說。

“Kill or ke e p?”Alan repeated.

“要死的還是要活的?”艾倫又說了一遍。

“Oh,ke e p h im,”my uncle said.

“哦,要活的。”我叔叔說。

“We ll,”Alan said,“tha t will cos t more .”

“好吧,那可得出更大的價錢。”艾倫說。

“Cos t more ?”my uncle cried.“We ll,if I mus tpa y,I mus t. He is my brothe r’s son .”

我叔叔失聲叫道:“多出錢?要是非出不可,我就出吧。他是我哥的兒子呀。”

“We ll,”Alan said.“Now,a bout the price ,Firs t Imus t know some thing. Wha t did you pa y Hos e a son?”

艾 倫說:“好吧,現在談價錢。

首先,我得知道你付了霍西森多少錢?”

“Hos e a s on?”my uncle cried.“Wha t for?”

“霍西森?我為什麼要給他錢呢?”我叔叔大聲說。